Improving Processes. Reducing Costs.
Twin Wall Piping Systems utilize two steel tubes in the double wall construction that has a hardened inner liner for abrasion resistance and a high tensile strength outer tube.
During Twin Wall Pipe production a high carbon steel tube is inserted into a mild steel tube. Once molded together, and heat treated, they mechanically size to ensure outer and inner tube tightness, ultimately creating a through-hardened, wear-resistant liner
Twin-Wall applications include pneumatic and hydraulic piping systems for extremely abrasive materials such as concrete, paste fill, sand, gravel and mine tailings.
- An inner liner hardened to at least 600 Brinell throughout the inner pipe wall
- A low-carbon outer shell to absorb impact and contain pressure
- Abrasion resistant at temperatures up to 450° F
- Multiple end options available, including flanges, couplings, ends, weld rings or plain ends
- No heat affected zone
- Easy installation with weight similar to mild steel pipe of equivalent thickness
- Superior quality compared to gas flame hardening